July 4th festivities are a family treat in West Yellowstone, Montana, with all sorts of activities, music, foods, entertainment and of course, incredible firework displays that leave quite an impression.
Organization: West Yellowstone Chamber of Commerce
Date: 07/04/2013 update info
Time: 8:00:00 AM - 11:00:00 PM
Event Cost: varies
Venue: 4th of July Celebration in West Yellowstone,MT
Contact: West Yellowstone Chamber of Commerce
Join us for a slice of hometown Americana this Fourth of July!
- It all starts with a bang at the open-air garage sale for Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
- Then the Hebgen Basin Volunteer fire department chips in with three big activities whose proceeds help fund various community needs.
- They lead off with the Third Annual Motorcycle Poker Run
- Burger Bash barbeque in the Visitors Center parking lot (11am)
- Pork Barbeque in Pioneer Park. (6pm)
- The Parade begins at 6:30, Music in the Park concert starts at 7:00 and the grand finale of fireworks begins just at dark
Whew, what a day! And, there's time in between to stroll the shops, see the IMAX Theatre, explore the Museum, visit the bears and wolves at the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center and, of course, eat lots of ice cream! Bring the family, bring the friends and experience an "old fashioned" sort of Fourth!
- Find terrific July 4th festivities in West Yellowstone, Montana
- Enjoy barbeques, concerts and more all throughout the day
- Sit on a blanket along Yellowstone Avenue to witness the awesome fireworks
- Join in the parade through West Yellowstone for a unique adventure
Overview: Coming to West Yellowstone for the Fourth of July gives you a real slice of hometown America. At the gateway to Yellowstone National Park, this Old West town puts on a community event that is unforgettable.
When: The festivities on July 4th each year take place throughout the day.
Where: The West Yellowstone Fourth of July Celebration happens all around the community during the day, and the fireworks can be viewed from the city park or from along Yellowstone Avenue.
Fee: There are no fees for this event.
Details: When the fireworks go off with the mountains as a backdrop, it’s best you have a seat on a blanket in a field along Yellowstone Avenue for the best views. It’s an awesome sight indeed for this old-fashioned Fourth of July.
Besides the fireworks that inspire loud remarks of wonder, this event also boasts a parade where anybody can join in. This normally takes place before dark and the fireworks starting, so you can enjoy both.
Explore West Yellowstone and find concerts, live entertainment, barbecues and more. Take in a movie at the IMAX Theatre or check out the Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center. Everyone will have a great time on what will become one of their favorite Independence Days.