The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center is a fantastic wildlife center that features wolf, grizzly, and raptor enclosures. The center offers a full schedule of events throughout the day including feedings, movies, and educational programs.
- Learn all about grizzlies and wolves at the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center
- Admission is $10.50 for adults and $5.50 for children
- Located in West Yellowstone, Montana, close to Yellowstone National Park
- Watch an interactive exhibit about bears
- See wolf packs interact in the “naturalist cabin”
The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center is a Wildlife Park and Educational Facility, providing all visitors to Yellowstone with the opportunity to find out all about grizzlies and gray wolves.
The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center is located at 201 South Canyon Street in West Yellowstone, Montana.
The Center is open all year. The hours change with the season so you should call first for current schedules at 1-800-257-2570.
Admission cost is the following (good for two consecutive days):
- Adults (13 years and older) are $10.50
- Seniors (age 62 and up) are $9.75
- Children (from 5 to 12 years) are $5.50
- Children under 5 are free
There are a number of programs and activities for all ages at the Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center. Rangers from Yellowstone will conduct informative talks and programs are given for bear safety. Kids can take part in keeper duties and hide food for bears, watch an interactive exhibit about bears and see intriguing films. There’s even a “naturalist cabin” with windows so you can watch two wolf packs interact.
Some of the Grizzly bears that live at the Center were orphaned. Others were unable to survive in the wild for different reasons. These bears get a second chance here, while helping us to learn of their ways. The wolves were born in captivity and would not be released into the wild, since they wouldn’t have been able to survive on their own.