- Offers something for everyone. From a trade show and demo event to the nordic race and biathlon.
- Happens the weekend of Thanksgiving for early winter condition skiing!
- Event locations will vary with snow conditions.
Sponsored by the West Yellowstone Chamber of Commerce along with other entities, the Yellowstone Ski Festival has taken place for over 30 years annually during Thanksgiving Week. In recent years, nearly three thousand Nordic ski enthusiasts converge on this small western community to enjoy ski clinics, an on-snow demo show, an indoor trade show, kids’ camps, wax demos, speakers, and of course cross country races.
When: For five days each November, generally during Thanksgiving week, West Yellowstone, Montana, becomes alive with all the color of the clothing and gear of cross-country skiers. This year it takes place November 21st-25th, 2017.
Where: Each event is held at a different location including the trade show, clinics and Demo show. The race location will vary depending on snow conditions.
Fees: Fees will vary for entrance to tradeshows as well as entrance fees for the race and biatholon. See http://www.yellowstoneskifestival.com/ for details.
Details: Typical events during the West Yellowstone Ski Festival include -
- Nordic Ski Clinics - The clinics are of varying lengths and fees. Everyone is welcome from novice to expert. For beginners, there is no better way to learn than to spend a few days with a knowledgeable instructor for both on snow and off snow training. For experienced skiers, start your season off right by brushing up on your technique or learning a new skill. You can choose from one, three or five day clinics. Each clinic day includes two on-snow session with qualified instructors and an evening classroom session.
- On-Snow Demo Show – Included with your purchase of a Rendezvous Ski Trail Pass for the week, you can experience the industry’s largest on-snow demo show. All the major Nordic Ski manufacturers will be on the Rendezvous Ski Trails demonstrating their new gear for the current season. The Try It and Buy It demo area will be open each day.
- Indoor Trade Show - After a great day on the cross-country trails, you can spend your evenings browsing the Indoor Trade Show held in one of the local hotels. Take your time and visit with industry sales representatives, learn something new at a waxing seminar, or simply enjoy the presentations showcased nightly.
- Montana Outdoor Science School – This well-known outdoor science school prepares a program for the children during the week. Participation in the programs requires advance registration directly with the Montana Outdoor Science School.
- Super Tour and Biathlon Races – The West Yellowstone Ski Festival would not be complete without the features competitive cross-country racing. A typical offering of events includes biathlons, a sprint race and a novice race. There is also generally a freestyle event and a classic race.
The West Yellowstone Ski Festival is a must see and do for every cross-country ski enthusiast. The early snows experienced here combined with expert grooming of trails, racing opportunities and the trade show makes this the place to be during Thanksgiving Week each year. Please note that Yellowstone National Park is not open during this time.