- An adventurous snowshoe trip is fun for the whole family
- Snowshoe rentals are easy to find around West Yellowstone
- Snowshoe tours through Yellowstone National Park are a thrill
- National forests offer many trails to take you snowshoeing into the backcountry
Snowshoeing trips are great for all ages. Tours on snowshoes can take you out in the exciting winter forests, and even into national forests and parks, so you can really discover the surrounding magical backcountry.
Where to go Snowshoeing
Of course, Yellowstone Park is a destination of choice for a snowshoeing adventure. You can get up close to those thermal features, and enjoy an uncrowded visit to the park.
The surrounding national forests and wilderness areas to West Yellowstone also offer numerous trails where you can take to the backcountry and view the wildlife and perhaps take photos of the pristine forests and snowcapped peaks.
Renting snowshoes is a simple task. You can find rental shops in West Yellowstone and surrounding towns and communities.
Hire a Guide
Hiring a guide or outfitter to take you on a snowshoe tour may be your best option. They know the lay of the land, where the best trails are and places to warm up on your winter excursion. Some tours provide lunches or full meals at nearby lodges, as well as all the equipment you may need. Explore the below listings to find a guided tour that would fit your needs.
Some snowshoeing safety tips:
- Be aware of your limits. Your first snowshoeing trip should be on groomed trails and preferably with an experienced snowshoer.
- Go prepared. Take extra clothing and sunscreen.
- Leave your snowshoeing itinerary with someone responsible and when you plan to return.