All along the stretch of Highway 20 that runs through Island Park, you will find a variety of campgrounds and campsites with awe-inspiring beauty, world-renowned fishing and hunting, and unlimited opportunities for recreation. There is something to do for everyone, nearby trails for hiking and horseback riding, nearby rivers and streams for the anglers, plus some sites for camping during the hunting season in the fall.
In the spring and summer, you can canoe, raft, go horseback riding or visit any of the numerous parks and recreation areas nearby. In the fall and winter, you might consider cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, or sledding.
There are many great ATTRACTIONS not far from the area including
- Yellowstone National Park
- Grand Teton National Park
- Henry’s Fork of the Snake River
- Island Park Reservoir
- Henry’s Lake
- Upper and Lower Mesa Falls
- The Railroad Ranch
- Harriman State Park
Campgrounds vary in size as do individual campsites. Each campground also has different amenities. Most standard facilities include restrooms and many have showers.
Other CAMPGROUND FEATURES to consider include
- Number of Sites
- Type of Sites (Pull through or back in)
- Any Waterfront Access
- Shade Trees
- Pets Allowed
- Electrical Hookup
- Water Hookup
- Wireless Internet
Some private campgrounds also have small cabins available complete with individual restrooms, kitchen facilities and great covered front porches from which to watch the world go by.
UNITED STATES FOREST SERVICE CAMPGROUNDS in the area include
- Big Springs
- Box Canyon
- Flat Rock
- McCrea Bridge
- Upper Coffee Pot
- West End
Whether you are an experienced camper or planning your first outing, be sure, you mind your manners at the campground! Camping etiquette is, for the most part, common courtesy and this insures that everyone who is camping will have an enjoyable experience.
- Respect others’ camping area. Walk around their campsite and not through it.
- Obey the quiet hours for the campground.
- Work hard to leave your campsite cleaner than you found it.
- Take proper care of your pet.
- Help to keep all campground facilities clean.
- Be mindful of the proper disposal of any wastewater.
- Obey all campground rules.
Plan to enjoy the great outdoors, camping in Island Park, Idaho.